October 08, 2021
Why do we call it the 'Best' Butternut Squash Soup? Because it's made with our Best Amber Ale! It's also a perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving dinner! With a bit of curry powder and a sprinkle of cayenne, this soup offers the best combination of spicy & sweet.
1. Cut your butternut squash and sweet potato in half (length wise)
2. Scoop out all seeds and the stringy flesh from the squash.
3. Place both on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle salt & pepper overtop. For an extra touch of sweetness, you can also drizzle honey on top - though this step is optional.
4. Cut two squares of butter, approximately one tablespoon each, and place one in each of the carved out holes in your butternut squash.
5. Place the garlic bulbs (still in their shell) on top of the butter. This will ensure that the garlic cooks, but doesn't get burned.
6. Bake squash, sweet potato, and garlic in the oven for one hour at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Once the veggies are roasted, take them out of the oven and let them cool.
8. Once cool, scoop the squash, sweet potato and garlic out of their skins and into a bowl.
9. Add one tablespoon of curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. You are welcome to add more cayenne powder if you want it spicier.
10. Pour in two cups of vegetable broth
11. Finally, add one cup of Henderson's Best Amber Ale
12. When everything is in the bowl, blend it all together with a hand mixer. If you do not have a hand mixer, you can use a blender or a food processor!
13. Reheat on stove and serve.
14. Top with sour cream, croutons or pumpkin seeds! These are all optional.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 30, 2021
April 15, 2021
Supporting local, independent business is more important than ever! In honour of National Takeout Day (April 15th), we wanted to highlight some of our favourite restaurants in the area that are still operating for pickup during the newest lockdown.